Panic attacks/anxiety
I'm new to this anxiety/panic attack disorder stuff... Been diagnosed with having panic attacks when my GERD Acts up and I experience heartburn.. I have a tendency to think i'm dying when I get chest pain - I've seen several cardiologists and they don't find anything wrong.

What are the symptoms of an attack? It takes me hours to calm down and many friends have to talk to me via the phone or sitting on my couch :) in order to give me some comfort - I have a RX of xanax as well - very low dose - .25, just in case, the ER docs give me that when I make my trips to the ER over this stuff..

Any suggestions?
are you on meds for your GERD? because if you can resolve that issue, your attacks may subside. at least for that reason, i've noticed that thosse of us that have panic disorder can solve one problem that causes panic and the disorder will then give our minds something else to panic about. but i'm thinking as long at your attacks seem to be centered around your acid reflux, treating that may help you more. but keep those xanax on hand for when you do  flip out because it really does help you calm down.
Hi ;) I'm on GERD Meds, but normally heartburn isn't my issue - it's the chest pain. I've seen my cardio a few times now and he seems to think my bp is the issue and is treating it a little bit. very low dose of meds... for now anyways - I'm dieting and exercising and hopefully will be off those meds soon.

I'm unsure if the anxiety/panic is caused by blood pressure, but I feel better. Tad tired from the bp meds, but doing okay!
You must join this user group in order to participate in this discussion.
newmanandjimmy commented on Adding Abilify
Jul 12
sidhumandy joined this group
Welcome them!
08/15
Ellieflowerxo joined this group
Welcome them!
04/15