IEP EXIT
HELP!!  My son was re-tested at his triannual and the school psych determined there was no deficit and all test scores were with in the "Normal" range.  The scores seem very similar to the previous scores if not lower.  Now I assume that the test would change based on grade level, but he is below grade level by two years in all of them besides 1.

I signed the IEP thinking that what I was presented was true and correct and my son was ready to be excited.  But since starting the new school year he is failing every subject in 6th grade.   I have called for a meeting and want to request an outside source test him which I know I can ask for, I just dont know if I can ask now after I signed and approved the exit?

Help I am so worried about this
       I don't know if he is in a K-5 or a K-6 school.  Going to a new situation can be very difficult.  You definitely need to talk to his school counselor and ask what to do.  The school itself should also be looking at what is going on.
      And it may be that the intelligence is there, but he is not functioning due to some other reason like - a new school, ADHD, anxiety, etc.
     Sorry, this post is so late, but I just noticed it when answering another poster.  Hopefully, the situation has been taken care of by now.
You must join this user group in order to participate in this discussion.
Sandman2 commented on specialmom's status
May 26
Sandman2 commented on SOY
Feb 12
Sandman2 commented on Worst Foods For An Er...
Feb 02