Parent IEP/Special Education Community User Group
IEP EXIT
About This Group:

A community for parents to ask questions regarding their child's IEP program and discuss options with other parents on how to get through the process. We are also all here to support each other when we all go through the challenges and miscommunications that can definitely occur when going through the IEP/Special Education process. Our children are a gift and should be treated that way.

Founded by Melissa0116 on October 15, 2009
27 members

IEP EXIT

HELP!!  My son was re-tested at his triannual and the school psych determined there was no deficit and all test scores were with in the "Normal" range.  The scores seem very similar to the previous scores if not lower.  Now I assume that the test would change based on grade level, but he is below grade level by two years in all of them besides 1.

I signed the IEP thinking that what I was presented was true and correct and my son was ready to be excited.  But since starting the new school year he is failing every subject in 6th grade.   I have called for a meeting and want to request an outside source test him which I know I can ask for, I just dont know if I can ask now after I signed and approved the exit?

Help I am so worried about this
Tags: IEP EXIT outside testing
1 Comment
       I don't know if he is in a K-5 or a K-6 school.  Going to a new situation can be very difficult.  You definitely need to talk to his school counselor and ask what to do.  The school itself should also be looking at what is going on.
      And it may be that the intelligence is there, but he is not functioning due to some other reason like - a new school, ADHD, anxiety, etc.
     Sorry, this post is so late, but I just noticed it when answering another poster.  Hopefully, the situation has been taken care of by now.
Sandman2 commented on Some Of The Foods You...
Jun 27
Sandman2 commented on Monsanto’s Roundup Fo...
Jun 01
Sandman2 commented on specialmom's status
May 06