Parent IEP/Special Education Community User Group
Special Education Class Interview Help
About This Group:

A community for parents to ask questions regarding their child's IEP program and discuss options with other parents on how to get through the process. We are also all here to support each other when we all go through the challenges and miscommunications that can definitely occur when going through the IEP/Special Education process. Our children are a gift and should be treated that way.

Founded by Melissa0116 on October 15, 2009
27 members

Special Education Class Interview Help

Good evening,

My name is Man Tran. I am taking an online class for my master degree in special education. This week we are learning about parent's involvement to advocate for children with disabilities. I need to interview a parent who has a child with special needs. I saw your profile and thought that you might be able to help. Below are the list of questions that I would like to ask. If it is possible, could you help me answer them as soon as possible? I need to write a paper for the class by Wednesday night. I sincerely appreciate your time and assistance.

Interview a parent who has a child with special needs. Ask the following questions:
a) How has NCLB (general education and special education reform) affected the relationship between parents and teachers?
b) Have you been actively involved in your child’s education throughout your child’s school life? In what ways?
c) What can schools do to involve more parents in the educational process?
d) Do you know your rights as a parent with a special needs child?
e) How would you as a parent build a reliable alliance with your teacher/school?

Best regards,

Man Tran
1 Comment
   Sorry, I do not have a child with special needs.  You might try the child behavior site or the sensory integration site (SIDS).
Sandman2 commented on Viagra and melanoma (...
Apr 11
fGchild joined this group
Welcome them!
Mar 13
abandonned commented on  'Inside Job...
Jan 31