Welcome
I just wanted to welcome anyone that is dealing or dealt with the IEP process.  We are all here to support each other and also to share our thoughts and concerns regarding our children and their education.  Thank you all for joining and again I welcome you to this new forum.  
Hi ,

I am so happy to find this community.I am sure many people will benefit from the information discussed here.

I have an Issue too , its regarding the Early Intervention school, my son attends.He has been Diagnosed with autism spectrum.(they have not clearly mentioned where he is on the spectrum) He is extremely intelligent but socially challenged>Unable to connect with teachers and classmates.He has been going to the classes for 3 mths, 2 days a week.He gets OT and PT there.

My issue is that we are totally unaware of whats going on t here? There is no note. The teachers seem sweet and nice, but totally unwilling to talk or discuss about my sons activities.They make a quick comment , "he participates in everything".After he had been attending for about 10 classes, I got a chance to start a conversation with the Speech therapist , who was totally unaware that my son knew English.He actually has a vocabulary of easily 800 words . So now I have my doubts , if they don't know what he knows and what he does not know...what are they working on.

My son, loves the school and runs into the school happily everyday.He is not very willing to come back home in the afternoon.That makes me  happy to know that he is happy there.But I would really appreciate some communication with the teachers.

His therapists have never send any note.They don't reply to the notes we send.I don't even know who gives him OT ! I contacted  his social worker, who has offered to solve this issue .

Did anyone else have such a issue?

You must join this user group in order to participate in this discussion.
Sandman2 commented on Anxiety disorder - am...
Sep 26
Sandman2 commented on specialmom's status
May 26
Sandman2 commented on SOY
Feb 12