Parenting Children (6-12) Community
my 6 year old is kissing boys

This patient support community is for discussions relating to the challenges of parenting children (age 6-12), including physical development, handling school & classes, emotional development, cognitive development, and games and activities.

my 6 year old is kissing boys

My daughter has been kissing a boy at school. She told me she first kissed him so he wouldn't tell the teacher on her and her girlfriend for misbehaving. Several kids in aftercare first brought this to my attention. It's happened on a few occasions. She starts crying and won't talk about it feeling as though she's in trouble.
How can I convey to her that it's inappropriate without making her feel ashamed?
is she being force to do this with the boy? i would complain to the school about the boy and to have the school keep him away from her. is this the first time she has done this?
What is the misbehavior she keeps engaging in (or was it one episode of misbheavior that he keeps holding over her head?) that she's afraid will be told to the teacher?
No she's not being forced. She first kissed him to keep him quiet...then? She had a "boyfriend" a few weeks ago that she had kissed as well.
I'm just not sure how to talk to her about this. She's upset about the whole situation. I think she thinks we are mad at her. We've told her that we are not finished talking about it, and want more information from her. She just buries her head and cries.
If she's already that upset over the whole situation, it really shouldn't be that much trouble to put an end to it.  Explain to her that while you are not mad at her, this is not ok, it's not acceptable and that it needs to stop.  She's awful young for it to become a MAJOR issue right now.  She probably doesn't even understand why it's not ok at only 6 years old.  Tell her that she could have germs that she doesn't know about and that if she kisses him she could pass them onto him and he could get sick. Or he could have germs and make her sick.   And if she likes him well enough to want to kiss him, she's probably not going to want him to get sick, you know??  Maybe that would be a way to make it on a level that she can understand.  They could make each other sick...hmm?  I mean, she's gonna want to know WHY it's not a good idea to be kissing at school like that.  Right?
do you think it is ok for a 6 year old to have a boyfriend and kiss them, cause i dont think it is ok!!!! she should be worried about baby dolls not boys. she needs a u turn and go down a different road, and you can only do that. or sadly she is going to in up pregnant at  a very young age!!!
good luck
I don't think she thought it was ok....I think that was the reason for her to post asking for a little advice and opinions.  
Please be careful of the type of programs and movies she'a watching, most often this behavior is immulation. Princesses end up kissing in every movie. Explian that kissing is wonderful but that she has to find a prince first and she has to grow up for that. Rather that talking abotu what she did and trying to force a child to explain her feeling, SKIP IT! Focus on what she hasnt done yet!!! Tell her how to make a teddy a boyfrend and kiss him IF SHE HAS TOO!!
Just ask her and if she starts crying tell her what you feel. Dont be afraid.