10 year old boy with anxiety
My 10 year old son has been suffering from anxiety for the past 4 months.  He has problems with sleeping, bouts of worry and crying.  A little history is needed.  In July his favorite Uncle died in a tragic boating accident.  In that same accident, his favorite Aunt also almost died.  Since that time, there have been additional problems for his Aunt such as estate difficulties and dealing with the Uncle's exes (sadly that has been ugly).  Because we stayed with his Aunt (my Sister) during a lot of this, he has experienced first hand her (and our) worries.  He now how very specific death questions, times of not being able to go to sleep, extreme worry about me, his Mom, and his Dad dying or getting hurt.  He has always been a very sensitive boy, the 'tender-hearted' one.  He is very kind and loving.  I do not know how to help him, I try to tell him that he is only 10 and should be worrying about 10 year old worries (how to build that special bionicle, who am I going to play with tomorrow, needing to remember to hang up my t-shirts :-).  Should I be sympathetic or strong?  Should I allow this continue and just that he needs more time?  Do I give him something to help him sleep or just allow his body to work it all out?  When do you know if he needs professional counseling?  Thank you in advance for any adivce.
Your words - "my 10 year old son has been suffering from anxiety for the past 4 months" - "I don't know how to help him".   When parents get to the point of not knowing what to do next or how to help their child, this is the point when you contact your child's medical doctor.  Hopefully, he/she will be able to help you or will be able to refer your son to a specialist with experience in anxiety disorders.   I wish you the best -