Parenting Children (6-12) Community
12 yr old son caught masterbatin in front of 10 yr old sister, and 5yr ...

This patient support community is for discussions relating to the challenges of parenting children (age 6-12), including physical development, handling school & classes, emotional development, cognitive development, and games and activities.

12 yr old son caught masterbatin in front of 10 yr old sister, and 5yr old cousin

my 12 year old son was caught masterbatin in front of his 10 yr old sister, and his 5 year old soon-to-be cousin.  He was on the very bed the two girls were jumpin on . He gave no reason why he did this, and said noone ever masterbated in front of him to where he felt this was ok. What is the chance he has been malested? Between my house and his mothers he is constantly around many children all of which are younger then him. Do i need to worry about him malestin one of them? His sister is MR and unfortuanlty saw and was able to describe the act in detail. what will this do to her?? I have had the talk with him, when and where to do this...
Tags: masterbation, boy, 12yr old
I don't know about him molesting other children, but he is 12 and should know better.  I would not leave him unsupervised.  He may have been molested himself.  Or maybe he just thought it was funny to do it in front of his two sisters.  You need to talk with him further or get him a counselor if he isn't sharing more with you.
Good luck...sorry about that--it's a sticky situation.  I would be mortified if my girls saw that.
i know how you feel. my 6 year old son, had do this by himself for a couple of months. even after reporting it, my son had continued. we recently found out that his bio-father have molested him. in feburary it would be a year that he has been ina "safe home". your situation could be worse. as for mine he didn't understand that it was wrong for him to do. yes, a councelor will help but, in some cases there is no garentee that it will not happen again. good luck on getting it straight before it gets worse.
I don't think you have to jump to the conclusion he was molested.
Kids, they sometimes do crazy stuff out of the blue, that's why when we catch the inappropriate behavior we correct the behavior lol.
I think a firm, short talk should do it.