Parenting Children (6-12) Community
5 year old suddenly peeing in strange places

This patient support community is for discussions relating to the challenges of parenting children (age 6-12), including physical development, handling school & classes, emotional development, cognitive development, and games and activities.

My 5 year old son has been potty trained since he was two, now suddenly he has started to urinate in innappropriate places. He has never had any problems using the toilet or having accidents. He is usually well behaved, he's very smart, and mellow. It began with him starting to have accidents in his bed during the night. About a week later he started to pee in the playground in front of everyone at school. Within the last two weeks he has urinated inside his Aunt's closet, the backyard, his bedroom carpet, and even pooped outside on the patio! He is wetting the bed quite often now, even though he uses the bathroom before he goes to bed. He has been acting up at school and home. He admits to peeing everywhere and says he will stop, but it has not changed.We recently moved into a new house & his grandmother and aunt came to live with us. I do not know if the change has anything to do with this behavior or not. Any information about this behavior will be helpful...Thank you!