Parenting Children (6-12) Community
5 yr old boy drawing penis

This patient support community is for discussions relating to the challenges of parenting children (age 6-12), including physical development, handling school & classes, emotional development, cognitive development, and games and activities.

5 yr old boy drawing penis

my son is 5 yrs. old and he is constantly playing w/ his penis... i had an incident when a mother called and asked me to watch her son overnight.. when it was bed time i walked in the room and the boy was playing w/ himself in front  of my son.. i asked them what was going on and my son was just quite.. i had my son get up and go in the other room and i asked him what happened and he explained to me that the boy was touching my sons penis and butt w/ his foot and it really bothered my child... i said something to the other mom and she kinda played it off like it wasn't a big deal... but since that happened i have been catching my son playing w/ himself more and more and the other day he came home from school w/ a drawing of a person w/ a penis... i am freaking out and i don't know how to feel or how to act... what should i do?
Tags: penis
Make a ********
It is normal for a child to "experiment" at some time. They realize they have feeling down there and don't know how to control it.

Have a talk with your son and explain to him what is right and what is wrong and tell him that even though you understand he has feeling down there it is not apropriate for him to play with "it" in public or with someone else. Also, explain the pictures are not apropriate.   I bet with time this will pass.
THANKS