Parenting Children (6-12) Community
6 year old pooping in pants

This patient support community is for discussions relating to the challenges of parenting children (age 6-12), including physical development, handling school & classes, emotional development, cognitive development, and games and activities.

6 year old pooping in pants

My six year old daughter took forever to potty train. She would pee in the potty right from the get go but it took three years to get her to not poop in her pants. It was so so so very frustrating. The all of the sudden when I had my other daughter in January this year she stopped going in her pants. She hadnt since then, but within the last two weeks she started doing it again. Sometimes if she comes home from school with poop in her pants she says its because she doesnt like to wipe with toilet paper. At home she wipes with baby wipes. Sometimes she says she didnt know that she pooped. I dont know if I believe her. Could she really not know if she pooped and then not know that there was poop in her pants when I ask? I dont know why now she is doing it again. Its very frustrating and I have no idea what to do. =( Should I take her to the doctor?? please help =(
Umm funny that you say that. My daughter went through this and I was told it was some sort of bacterial infection taht she was trying to fight. It lasted 3 months!!!!  She said she couldnt feel it come out until it was too late. However she stayed in the poo and didnt ask to be changed or anything. This happened to her when she was 5. I was so frustrated as well. Is it a lot of poo?  Its possible that she is holding it because she doesnt want to use toilet paper and causing Ecopresis.

Please look at this site and let me know if it sounds familiar

http://kidshealth.org/parent/emotions/behavior/encopresis.html