6 years old no self-control (HELP)
I have a 6 year old son that has no self control or limited self-control and it is affecting his school work and his ability to keep friends; my husband and I are divorced and my 6 year old son lives with me but because of having to work FT I have limited time to spend with him in the evenings, I try my best with him, but it's still reflecting at school, he is the most loving child and very smart but he has no self control so in result he has issues with other kids at school and also in school with work, he goes to the school counsellor but this is not seeming to help much; his father isn't the best role model since they play video games all the time or watch TV with wrestling or guns in it... I've tried to get him on many occassions to quit but it just rolls off his back and they continue doing it...

If any could help with some ideas that would be soooo helpful...  Is it his diet, I try to cook healthy meals, no take-out, junk food etc.