Parenting Children (6-12) Community
6yr old boy attraction for girls

This patient support community is for discussions relating to the challenges of parenting children (age 6-12), including physical development, handling school & classes, emotional development, cognitive development, and games and activities.

6yr old boy attraction for girls

My question is what to do about my son's attraction for girls. I know it's normal, but what do I do about his curiosity. This isn't anything new. Ever since he was a toddler in daycare he has always been around the girls. Never would he play with boys. He does not exhibit any homosexual behavior at all, but I am concerned that all he thinks about are girls.  One parent from his school a mother of one of his girlfriends called me at my house the other night. Apparently my son has been calling their house and this has been going on for a while now. The mother called to tell me she wants this stopped. I had no idea this was happening. He had been calling at odd hours. Naturally I was very upset with him because it's embarassing and already I'm having to deal with this. His father and I had a talk with him and he will be spending time at his father's house for a while. I don't know where his is getting this all from.  How normal is this, and how strict do I become.  He is in kindergarden and I had a talk with his teacher to not have him sit next to girls and have him play only with the boys. Any one with suggestions as how to handle this and handle the other parent if this should happen again..
Tags: boys
i would tell him that its ok to have friends as girl but he is to young for girlfriends. and make sure he cant get to the phone. i think its normals for little boys to like girls, but calling them is to cute,lol! man he is starting early. i really think ur going to have ur hands full with him!!!!!!
but it is very cute and funny at the same time.
good luck with ur little cassanova!!!!!!!!!!
I am also at a loss, sorry.  My son came home from kindergarten about 5 weeks ago with a black eye.  Apperantly he stole someone else's girlfriend.  I was SHOCKED!!!  I don't know what to do.  He just llllooooves the girls.  He always has.  I tell him he is too young and girls will get him into trouble but he doesn't care.  I don't know where they are learning this from so young but it is really scary.  Good luck to you and your little "hound dog"