7 yr old wont go to sleep till after midnight
my 7 yr old son has always been difficult to get to sleep,but recently he is refusing to go to his bed or go to sleep until myself and his dad are going to bed.
I have tried taking him into my bed and lying with him from 9 onwards, i pretend to have fallen asleep in thenhope that he will drift off but this odesnt work.he is persistant and can stay awake for hours sometimes until way after midnight.he gets up at 7.30 each morning for school and is in a terrible mood,shouting,being abusive and violent through tiredness.i have a 3 yr old whjo is now picking up on this and starting to mimic his behavior and sleep troubls which is conceerning me.
when we aproach him about the issue he says he is not going to sleep as mum and dad will go down the stairs without him whilst he is sleeping,we have tried to explain that parents need some time alone without the kids and it is normal and everyones parents have their own time but he is not interested in hearing it.

we are at our wits end,we have no time alone and our relationship is suffering,i have also found out i am expecting againa dn am very concerned about how i will cope with this problem and 3 hourly feeds with a newborn,i am exhausted and have ran out of ideas...please help X