9 1/2 year old pooping his pants
In reading some of the posts, I am not alone. I also have tried to figure out the reason. Is it just laziness, getting involved in what he is doing and not caring about sitting in it? Even as a baby he seemed to care less about sitting in a soiled diaper. In trying to find out if he is having emotional issues about something, is still a probable cause. His father, he is always trying to get dads approval, even though dad cannot see this, and usually at my expense. School issues, they are always there, mommy issues, i am sure he has a lot of those, since I am the "discipline parent". Still, these are issues in life, not an excuse to sit and poop your pants!

I had taken him a few years ago to the doctor. They ran tests, and did an ultrasound. Everything was normal, the only issue he had was he was not emptying his bladder enough, but this has resolved itself. He has no issues going pee, its just the other.

Suggestions, I hate taking things away, not that it really resolves it but there has to be a consequence for doing it. With promises from him he won't do it again, he was back on his X-Box, a second episode of pooping occurred, so its gone for X amount of time now. He will find another thing to occupy him and the same thing will happen. I cannot go on like this

I don't want to scare you but this could be a sign of ADHD. ADHD manifests in poor focusing skills and inability to pay attention to multiple things at the same time. If ADHD child is focused on something and, at that moment, he needs to make a bowel movement, his brain just doesn't register this until it's too late. You mention that it happened when your son was playing XBox or when something occupied his mind... I suggest you to check ADHD symptoms (e.g. http://www.nimh.nih.gov/health/publications/attention-deficit-hyperactivity-disorder/index.shtml) and see if they apply to your child. If they are, please go to a mental health professional - the sooner ADHD is diagnosed, the sooner it can be treated, and this will have a drastic effect on your child's quality of life.  

In some rare cases such "accidents" could also be a sign of attachment issues, but this is much less likely than ADHD. I perfectly understand your frustration, but you shouldn't punish your child for this, this can cause more damage in the long run.