9 Yr Old girl with Soiled Underwear -- Medical or Behavioral?
I was going to say my 9yr old granddaughter does not wipe well enough after a bowel movement, but after Googling a bit I'm wondering if she is actually withholding poop or has a medical issue?  It is embarassing for her and although she nods and says she understands she needs to wipes (has been given graphic demonstrations, wipies, the works) ... it still happens.  Today I discovered a bathing suit and undies stuffed in  her drawer stuck with poop.  I asked where they came from (weren't in her suitcase -- she's here for a week while other cousins are visiting) and she said she doesn't know.  When she has a bath I ask her to be sure she has wiped well first, but there are times when I've seen poop on the towel and poop particles in the tub afterward.
The reason I wonder if it's a medical problem is that she has had problems with constipation all her life, and also problems withholding poop as a toddler (I think -- her Mom doesn't talk much about these things).  I took a photo once of her BM in the toilet because it was so huge I couldn't believe it came from her body.  The diameter was about 3 inches...and she was only a very tiny 4 years old.  Today when one of her cousins forgot to flush a BM and she discovered it, she said "it's not mine, Grandma, mine is a lot fatter."
When she was weeks old I remember she would make a whooping/hiccupping sound whenever her bowels moved -- strangest thing I ever heard from a baby.
SO, has anyone ever heard of a problem like this?  Is she withholding poop and it's then leaking into her pants?