Parenting Children (6-12) Community
ADD Issue or not

This patient support community is for discussions relating to the challenges of parenting children (age 6-12), including physical development, handling school & classes, emotional development, cognitive development, and games and activities.

ADD Issue or not

my son has been diagnosed with ADD. Twice  (2 different incidents) in a week he lied to me. However, allegedly told the Principal "the truth" When I try talking to him he shuts down completely! he does not say a word. He can do this for hours. He is not motivated, he is being disrespectful, and I dont know how to handle. Can anyone give me some insight.
It could be you are hard on him and the principal isnt ..he may be afraid of retribution , punishments ..do you punish him for not telling the 'truth' it maybe a good idea to figure out why he doesn't tell you, his mom the truth..ask your self Why ..can you give us an instance of his lies'.Is he on any meds ?