Caught my 6 year old starting a fire in her bedroom!
I'm at a loss here! I need some advice! My 6 year old daughter was diagnosed with ADHD and OCD a couple years ago. I was raised in a time when those disorders were considered to be just an excuse for rotten kids. I never wanted to go against her doctors orders, so I have always done what they have asked of me, and I allowed the medications. She seemed to be doing great up until here recently. Last week, her teacher sent a note home stating that she was being disruptive in class and calling other children inappropriate names. Then, this morning, I smelled smoke & found her in her room with two lighters starting a fire in her floor. She actually burned her 4 year old brother's finger! He was so scared that he wouldn't tell me!
Do I punish her? Do I call her doctor? Please help!!!
I need advice! All is welcome! Thanks in advance.
I am only going to ask this because it is the first thing that came to my mind. How did she get not one lighter but two? Where i live they have the child safety thing on it do you have those?

Has she seen someone light a fire?

What inappropriate names was she calling kids? Did you ask why she was calling them those names and where she heard them from?

I am not really sure if the medication would have something to do with this but I see 6 yrs old being really young to be on these meds but I don't know as I am not sure how they do it for ADHD and OCD. Could you find a new doctor maybe?