Parenting Children (6-12) Community
Curious Kids?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to the challenges of parenting children (age 6-12), including physical development, handling school & classes, emotional development, cognitive development, and games and activities.

Curious Kids?

I babysat for this six year old boy a while back. When I was babysitting him the boy really seemed to like me. During the time I babysat him the boy asked me if I wanted to see his penis and smell his bum. Is this normal activity for a six year old boy to ask? Is this jut him being silly?
totally normal for kids that age to be interested, curious, attending to… their genitalia. Touching each & themselves… showing it, etc… is to be expected. No worries ;)
I know that kids at this age can be "curious" but I would definitely be concerned. As the babysitter I would keep track of the boys behavior and also bring it to the boys Mothers attention. There could be similar issues at home...but I would be careful as to how you approach it because the last thing you want to do is have the parents question you. It sounds to me that the boy might have someone in his life "teaching" him these things (not you but possibly a male figure). He might be the victim of sexual abuse.