Parenting Children (6-12) Community
Early puberty????

This patient support community is for discussions relating to the challenges of parenting children (age 6-12), including physical development, handling school & classes, emotional development, cognitive development, and games and activities.

Early puberty????

hi.. my girl has just turn 8 last month. the problem is she has breast that looks like budding but its been like that since she was 3. It looks bigger and obvious now. She is also growing armpit hair ( just a few soft strands). I had my period when i was almost 11. Is it possible that my girl is going trough puberty? Should i have a talk with her about period? I'm confussed!! And also worried that she will get her 1st period unprepared. please help.
Oh it is possible but I would however take her to the doctor to be sure. Some kids develop early. I was a late bloomer.

My daughter is 8 and I have already had that talk with her. We are very open and she asks questions so I tell her. She likes to know all this information since she feels almost cool to know about it. She is actually excited to get it and boobs!!!  LOL..

Dont stress too much, have the talk regardless because you would rather have her know something you have told her then what someone else does because you never know what they`re going to say. If she reads have her read the Judy blume book, ``Where are you God its me Margaret`` they talk about periods. My daughter loved the book and so she would lol..

No one told me about it and I got it at 13 yrs in white shorts in front of 300 ppl. Just sayin!!!

Again dont stress about it but see her pediatrician, she just may be developing early and my friends daughter is the same age as your daughter and she already has blond hair down there!! So every kid is different. My daughter I think will be very late for all of that :)