Parenting Children (6-12) Community
Getting actively violent child to the timeout spot
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to the challenges of parenting children (age 6-12), including physical development, handling school & classes, emotional development, cognitive development, and games and activities.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Getting actively violent child to the timeout spot

how do i get my violent 6 year old to the time out spot when he is stiking and kicking me, He has been violent since he was 2 years old. he has a very short fuse when he gets frustrated or things don't go his way. He tells me he loves me many time a day and also wants numerous hugs. He has also had sensitivity to loud sounds and he becomes crazed and covers his ears. I was thinking aspergers, what do you think
Related Discussions
13167_tn?1327197724
Sounds like sensory defensiveness -

Does he also have problems with sock texture and tags on t-shirts?

This behavior is more of a concern than just a "time out" situation,  dgallas.  If he were two years old,  struggling with him to get him into time out would be pretty typical.  

At 6,  he should be better able to control his anger impulses if this is happening frequently.  

It sounds like he could really use some anger management/self-calming skills from a good children's therapist.  Physically he's becoming too big for this,  and will be a real danger to others if he isn't taught techniques to recognize when he is about to lose his temper and strategies to control his physical behavior when he sees that coming.

Best wishes.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Parenting Children (6-12) Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank