How to deal with a 9 tear old temper tantrum
I'm a child Care provider I take care of kids and baby and I have dealt with temper tantrum with 2 yrs old kids. But this one takes a cake to all of them .I have a nine year old boy who I resently started watching because of summer and this boy gets me so upset cause he throw these tantrum that are so silly that I look at him and wonder whats the big deal that you are alway getting tag out for hide and go seek or if you forget your DS and mom don't bring it to you...his tantrum lasted for   a good 30 min or longer and then he find but thrru his tantrum he hitting everyhthing within his reach or kicking it and screaming and crying and mumbling to him self nothing I do can calm him down cause he said he can't calm down our he wo n't ...I need help he driving me crazy ..I'm normally easy going and can talk to them till they calm down but with him nothing work and he's alway arguing with the other kids and they fight alot and I don't know what to do . Can you give me some help here . Thank You from San Diego
I dont know how many children you are caring for , reads like a few and I am wondering if you have plenty of help with this, the child you write about sounds as if he has not got enough stimulation, with a few other children to care for how do you do activitys and Games etc ?He is not too happy  and maybe his parents should address whether at this age he should be in a differant more energetic enviroment.When he is having a Tantrum use the time out method as this has been shown to work, mostly speak to his parents, there is nothing wrong other than he isnt happy in this situation.
um, does he have sensory processing disorder?  Does he have some other mental issues?

Maybe he has ADHD?  That can make em tantrum til they are old.

I have one of them...age 6, tantrums and kicks, hits, etc....anything in sight.  It is horrible, draining, and miserable.  Some days she only has one or two but on a bad day it can be one every hour or so.

I feel for you.  Maybe he needs to see a pediatrician about this issue.