How to help a 9 year old learn to focus
My 9 year old daughter has an issue with focusing on one thing at a time.  She does well in school and seems to be bright.  The problem is seen most when it comes to writing down assignments, completing tasks given and following directions.  It is hard for me to determine if she has a problem or if she is just lazy and a bit stubborn.  Is there any way that I can figure out if she may need some help?  If she does have a learning disability of some kind I would love to be able to help her with it.
I would speak to her physician about it. He would be the best one to help see if there is a problem that needs to be addressed
You could also try giving her a food supplment , it has been noted recently by experts that all children and especially those with learning and concentrating difficulties , benefit from a multiple Vitamin-mineral supplement with antioxidants,,B Complex and Vit C also fish oil has benefits.It has also been noted that food supplement treatment may also have the same efficacy as Ritalin ,given out by Doctors to treat ADHD.Worth a try I think.