Parenting Children (6-12) Community
Is it Normal for Children to Expose Themselves to Each Other?
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to the challenges of parenting children (age 6-12), including physical development, handling school & classes, emotional development, cognitive development, and games and activities.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Is it Normal for Children to Expose Themselves to Each Other?

We live in a community where there are lots of kids.  We have had a few occasions where my daughter and a couple of other boys were caught exposing themselves one to another.  I responded to the situation by telling them to stop and that it wasn't appropriate.  When the same thing occurred at our neighbor's house, the mother called us and said that our daughter told their son to expose himself.  When we informed her that he had on a separate occasion done a similar behavior on his own, and she responded by saying that he doesn't do that.  She felt that this behavior is seriously abnormal and a considerable deviation from normal but we, while considering it inappropriate and reprimandible, are a bit less concerned having heard the same stories from other parents over the years.  What is your view on this issue?