Parenting Children (6-12) Community
Is pubic and underarm hair normal in 6 year old boy?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to the challenges of parenting children (age 6-12), including physical development, handling school & classes, emotional development, cognitive development, and games and activities.

Is pubic and underarm hair normal in 6 year old boy? I am scared to death. What do I do? Should I panic. My ped. is sending us to Vanderbilt for a full workup. He wouldn't tell me much. HELP please tell me something. Why is this necessary? What could it be? Please shoot straight with me. Thank you.
I googled some of the phrases in "tags" of your posting.  The term I found was "precocious puberty".  Try googling this term for more information on this issue.
sounds like precocious puberty which has been linked to plastic if he indeed does have this there is a drug they can prescribe to reverse the process