Parenting Children (6-12) Community
Is this normal? Sibling genital exploration.

This patient support community is for discussions relating to the challenges of parenting children (age 6-12), including physical development, handling school & classes, emotional development, cognitive development, and games and activities.

I understand that siblings are likely to experiment and be curious about each others bodies but tonight I found my two in the bath 'kissing' each others genitals.  They had basically put their fingers up each others bottoms playing 'Roman Doctors' and my son had kissed my daughters bottom 'in the middle'.  He was getting her to 'suck his willie' which was erect just as I arrived.

They didn't act particularly guilty and when I explained that they  should keep their bits to themselves they were fine.  They said they were playing 'Doctors' and that old fashioned doctors put their hands up peoples bottoms. I wouldn't be worried about the normal looking/touching but thought the oral aspect unusual?

My son has just turned 8, my daughter almost 7.  Is it okay?  I remember playing quite explicity with my brother but nothing this adult.
Who has exposed your children to  porn?  Of course this is not appropriate.  Your kids have either seen something or been molested.  Perhaps by your brother that molested you.  I'd seek a therapist for the kids . . .  fast.  
I really don't agree with the dramatics expressed by specialmom, but would certainly not encourage that kind of behaviour with my children.  I would say it is totally normal to be curious, but not to touch each other.  They seem very young to be aware of anything more than 'daring' going on.  My sons (4 and 8 years old) often bathe together - I have noticed the odd erection, but don't make a big deal out of it and advise them (well, the 8 yr old) to explore in the privacy of his own room.
ok the finger up the hiney thing I haven't dealt with but the other I did. My children have not been molested or exposed to porn. They have however been told by another little boy in the neighborhood about this and wanted to know about it.

I explained what they did was wrong and that they shouldn't ever do it again until they are married! I haven't had a problem out of either of them since. I also do not allow either of my children to bath together anymore.
I guess I am lucky---- my kids are into sports and super heroes.  Not trying to be dramatic---------  but this is not normal amongst the kids and families I've known.  I'd get to a therapist.
Am I the only one who thinks its inappropriate for an 8 yr old boy and 7 yr old girl to be bathing together in the first place?!