Parenting Children (6-12) Community
My 10 year old daughter pees in her pants

This patient support community is for discussions relating to the challenges of parenting children (age 6-12), including physical development, handling school & classes, emotional development, cognitive development, and games and activities.

I have a beautiful and very smart 10 year old daughter who has just recently started peeing in her pants at school. I feel so bad for her because i know she is embarrassed, she said that she does NOT feel the sensation that she has to go and feels nothing when it happens, ony after when she has discovered her pants and underwear are wet. What can I do? Is this a medical condition  that needs to be checked out? She also stated that she is nto feeling any pain or discomfort at all. Any suggestions?
Tags: daughter, pees, 7year old pees pants, help, 10 year old daughter, Pain, school
i waz given an article frum a Friend jus recent it sayz i never thought of befor or heard anywhere else.... i will paste the werdz onto here for u to reed them....

Parents: Page: 170-173 Issue: April, 2011.

A child may have accidents if she's been chronically holding it in, says Steve J. Hodges, M.D., professor of pediatric urology at Wake Forest University Baptist Medical Center, in Winston-Salem, North Carolina. "The bladder is a muscle just like any other," he says. "If she's been doing the potty dance all day, every day, she's constantly contracting her bladder." This makes the muscle thicker and the bladder's capacity smaller.  Pretty soon, it'll start contracting with less warning and more force--and your kid ends up with wet pants.

The solution is to make sure she goes to the bathroom regularly. Kids this age don't often realize they need to go until it's too late. You don't have to escort her to the bathroom every ten minutes, but be aware of the last time she went (and how much she's had to drink). As she gets older, she'll become more in touch with her body's timing.

Maybe that will help,  Perhapz a class iz longer than befor, an she triez to hold it longer now, but kant make it that long, but according to doctor person, she mite cause a serious problum to develope cuz of it, an that wood be sad :(

Um, so try encouraging her to maintain a healthy use rythm, an if she kant go long enuf, get the principal or teacher to make an exception an let her leave to use a toilet, so she doenst haz to suffer.

i hope that helpz, ok. =)