Parenting Children (6-12) Community
My 12 year old daughter acting out, is she normal

This patient support community is for discussions relating to the challenges of parenting children (age 6-12), including physical development, handling school & classes, emotional development, cognitive development, and games and activities.

My daughter is acting out all the time.  She has no respect for her mother or i.  here are a few examples.
1.  She must be asked repeatedly to do tasks assigned to her like  unloading the dishwasher.  when confronted she yells at us and talks back.
2.  She is a good student but fights with us in the morning to the point she needs to be dragged out of bed or punished to get her attention
2.b when given a punishment, like loss of a privilige i.e. computer or television, she will go on and sa she forgot.  then a day later will be back on again and when we confront she lashes out saying its unfair, we dont listen, the punishment is too much.
3.  She yells at us and throws tantrums, sometimes hitting things, she punched a hole in the wall today.  
4.  a month ago she was so angry that i held up a punishment that she cut the back of her shoulder length hair off.  

she has friends, a little insecure, she is artistic.  prefers introverted activities like drawing, writting, and watching shows like anime on the computer.  she really gets into these activities and keeps a journal about the shows and stuff.  

some times i think she is normal, pubececnt girl.  the hole in the wall and hair cut happened durring "that time of the month"

we are seeing a therapist this week.  want to get more perspective from other who may have same problems
It sounds like she's getting punished all the time.  What is she doing that requires this fairly constant handing out of punishments?

The cutting hair,  and punching the wall are over the top.  I'm glad you're seeking therapy.   That is not normal menstrual behavior.  Being moody and irritable are normal - this is beyond.  

I don't know what's wrong with him. Sometimes he's a little angel but if he doesn't get his way or you try and discipline him...he goes  ballistic. He'll slam doors, he'll threaten to hit you back or pick up something to throw. He screams like a girl when he's angry. The other day he wanted to get on the computer and he demands it. He gets out of control. I think sometimes he needs pills. He's always making noises of some type too. Oh, when he comes home from school,,he stripps down to his undies and won't wear any pj's, no shorts just his underwear. He will not dress. He also jumps on the furniture and jumps off of it. He stretchs to reach the ceiling. He can't be still for 3 seconds. He talks back so much its embarassing. His tamtrums are sickening for a child his age. He's always in motion. Is it sugar or ADHD or something else. There is certainly an unbalance somewhere. I get so angry I want to knock him down. He has no respect for whats right or wrong. Help!