Parenting Children (6-12) Community
My 8 year old daughter is hearing voices

This patient support community is for discussions relating to the challenges of parenting children (age 6-12), including physical development, handling school & classes, emotional development, cognitive development, and games and activities.

My 8 year old daughter has been telling me that she is hearing voices in her brain.  She tells me that they mostly want her to say bad things to people.  My biggest worry is that lately she has been holding her head telling them to leave her alone.  She tells me that they want her to touch her 5 year old brother in his private spot.  She told me that she fights the voices and tells them that she does not want to hurt her brother yet they persist.  I have been taking her to a counceler who recently sent me to a psychiatrist for a consultation on her.  The Dr assured me that their is nothing wrong with my daughter eccept for being angry at me and my ex(her dad).  He says that she is using a voice to get her anger out without it boing her fault.  I felt that the Dr immediately sided with my ex who is convinced that she is looking for attention.  She spends alot of time at her dads house and from what I am being told her and her brother are constantly being sent to their rooms to play togeather and be quite.  This is just a very brief summary of what has been going on.  Any advice would be appreciated.
Get her tested for STREP, and an ASO TITER count for STREP antibodies.  I am not a Dr and not really sure that this would even fall under a possible case of PANDAS as hearing actual voices is different from morbid OCD (bad thought OCD) that some believe might be linked to STREP infections.  Something to rule out at least. Best of luck to you.
ask her want the voices sound like reply to me later so I can further help otherwise I don't know what else but to see an exorist (not really but if nothing else it will give you a backup plan)
I am with Helperguy. I was just doing a generic search on 7yr old behavior & it is crazy how many parents are dealing w/ what you are!

there is something very negative, to say the least, in this world right now & I wouldn't discount it. Start attending church regularly.

I would also ask your daughter more about how many voices she hears, what do they sound like, when does she hear them most. Now on another note, ask her about what goes on when she is visiting her father. Is he dating? Could your daughter have seen something? Is their any 'older' friend that hangs out with her a bit too much? Child molestation is not always from an adult. Could an relative, close family friend, their father, your boyfriend (if you are dating), etc have been inapprpriate w/ her or your son?

these are all bad questions to have to ask, but they NEED to be! Be very observant of EVERYTHING!
Omg my daughter is 7years old and she says she is starting to hear voice laughing at her crying telling her she is stupid...what do I do she told me that one voice sounded like her voice! I really don't know if I take this seriously or does she need more attention!!!