Parenting Children (6-12) Community
My 8 year old daughter thinks that none of her friends like her

This patient support community is for discussions relating to the challenges of parenting children (age 6-12), including physical development, handling school & classes, emotional development, cognitive development, and games and activities.

My 8 year old daughter tells me that her friends do like to play with her and she is left alone in recess time.  I dont understand why, I am really disturbed since she is upset.  What do I do?
Perhaps she is shy.. sometimes it takes the child to make an attempt at friendship, so speak to her and tell her to ask them something maybe about games or toys if she breaks the ice she will make friends if she is waiting for them well it may not happen ot take a while .perhaps she could suggest a game to play in the lunch break. Like all of us you have to make the first move , if she starts the ball rolling all will be well, the only way you can help her is to ask one of them back for a playdate after school ...
Another suggestion - ask the teacher what he/she feels might be the problem.  Perhaps some insight can be gained from this.  Sometimes teachers can "pair up' children during class time in the hopes that a friendship might bloom.  Hope this helps ...