Parenting Children (6-12) Community
Responsable

This patient support community is for discussions relating to the challenges of parenting children (age 6-12), including physical development, handling school & classes, emotional development, cognitive development, and games and activities.

Responsable

I really need help, Im in a relationship with this man who has 2 kids. From his prevesise marrage. They come here every weekend, but the problem is that. When his kids come its like all hell break losse, his youngest who is 6 years old always cries  when she can`t put on her shrit or when she doesnt get what she wants, and the wrost is when we ask her to pick up her toys that she leaves everywhere or her jacket on the floor she starts to cry. I think that she does that just to get attention from her father since he mostly goes to console her. Even when she hits her sister or breaks her sister things its like it doesnt matter he doesnt always do something. Now to go to the oldest she lies alot and she is often negelcted since the youngest always get all the attention. She aruges alot with her sister and this get my boyfirend really upset and he always makes her to give everything she wants to her sister so she doesnt cry. I dont know what i can do for that and can anyone maybe try to advise him on tricks to make his kids more responsable and to start to clean up a bit after them selfs.
Cleaning up doesnt matter too much does it, how about you focus on their positive side and do things with them, if they are busy they wont have time to cry and get bored, take them out, go to the park focus on having fun,there must be things to do over a weekend, is their Dad involved with sports and Games , Dont feed into any crying ,let it go, if the 6 year old wants to cry because she cant get her shirt on its not a problem ..show her how she can get it on.make her laugh about it, best thing for you all is to get a lot of fun and humor going.
PS  At the end of the day say to them" Come on time to clean up, lets see who gets their stuff picked up first, make a game of it.
thats real smart