Signs of being gay
My son is 8years old and plays mainly with girls. He does not like rough boys and is more creative plays the piano and is not really into sport. Recently he went on a scout camp and befriended this 10 yr old boy. We have pictures from the camp and my son wrote on the picture of the boy he befriended- I love you. Do you think this is a sign of him being gay?
Ask him why he wrote it. Is both mom and dad in the picture. I dont think it necessarily means he is gay, there could be many reasons why he wrote it. I would try and get him into sports I think all boys need to play sports at some point.
I don't necessarily think that your son is gay just based on that.  I'd ask him what he meant, but in a passing motion.

Also, playing with girls is fine, as long as he does have a few male friends.  

Also, don't force your son into sports.  Speaking from experience, I probably "hated" my parents from grades 4-8 because they forced me to play sports.  Looking back, it really pushed me away from them and the team itself, because I would purposely be a "bad" player to spite them.  While I acknowledge that sports do have excellent teamwork building skills, it's not the only place to learn them.  Disliking or not being involved with sports doesn't make you gay.  
wdv
I would not be at all concerned that he's not into sports and prefers hanging out with girls. Do not force him to play sports if he does not want to, as it could severely weaken your relationship with him. 91004 is totally wrong that all boys should play sports at some point.

"I love you" has a lot of different meanings. He might have just become close friends with that boy at camp. If he really is romantically and/or sexually attracted to him, don't be freaked out and certainly don't punish him or make him ashamed of his feelings. He might ultimately become straight after puberty, but if he does turn out to be gay, you'll just have to deal with that. No matter what his orientation is, he's your son and you should always continue loving and supporting him.
That doesn't mean hes gay and even if he is theres not much you can do you should love and support him no matter what.
Hi, I don't see why this is bothering you all children are entitled to a choice, if your child is in fact gay he will not know until he hits puberty or maybe even late. He may be camp, he may not like the fighting and football that many other boys do. You will find out one day but until then let your child do what he chooses to do
What does it really matter? Let him do what he wants as long as he's healthy and happy. Children go through weird stages in there lives too. Until they're adults, you'll never really know what to expect. Your job as a parent is to love, honor, and support him through anything.