Parenting Children (6-12) Community
Still bed wetting at 7 years old

This patient support community is for discussions relating to the challenges of parenting children (age 6-12), including physical development, handling school & classes, emotional development, cognitive development, and games and activities.

Still bed wetting at 7 years old

My daughter is 7 years old and still wets her bed.  We have tried many different approaches with no results.  We have tried not to give her any drinks an hour before she goes to bed, tried also to wake her up twice during the night.  She does not wet herself every night it seems she does it every now and then like once in a week average.

Any suggestions will be more than welcome. Thanks.
Hi,  believe it or not -------  this is pretty common.  12% of kids wet the bed at night until age 9!!  Ha, often they had bed wetting parents they have found.  It has to do with deep sleep and not getting the signal to wake and go.  For some kids, it takes longer for this to mature.  Most do grow out of it.  I would just try to be patient and let this self correct.  I am sure it is hard socially as things like "sleep overs" start coming up and that is embarressing.  But, she'll get it!  Hang in there.  

I have read about an alarm system that you can use that will ring as it senses wetness????  

good luck
Thks yes it is hard because she never goes to sleepovers as she keeps it secret.  I heard about the alarm too but I'm not so confident about it.
An idea is to have a sleepover at your house in a one on one situation Iwhere you would be there to help her if something happens (does she wear the underjams that they make for big kids?  You could put her in one for the night a friend sleeps over)-----  then she still gets the experience but won't have an embarressing moment.  She'll get it, I'm sure.  Especially since she isn't wet every night.  

I don't know anyone personally that have used the alarms either.  

Well, good luck!

Thks for the suggestion I'll ask her and maybe we can have a friend or two sleep over , the ones she uses don't show under the pjyamas.
Oh good.  I think then she'll get the fun experience but won't have any chance of an embarressing situation.  It's hard but in a year or two, perhaps it will be behind her and she can sleep at other's houses.  good luck
I do hope so the problem resolves by itself , I just wish I could help her in any way, but thks for the suggestions : )