Parenting Children (6-12) Community
Twin Behavior

This patient support community is for discussions relating to the challenges of parenting children (age 6-12), including physical development, handling school & classes, emotional development, cognitive development, and games and activities.

Twin Behavior

I have 8 yr old grandsons who are identical twins...the first born is very lighthearted, not easily upset.  The second born is more uptight, exact in almost everything and is always thinking someone is laughing at him or calling him names...when we know that's not true.  Any advice on how I can help him?  It's as though he has an inferiority complex.  
I had this in my Family, Twin Girls,they are 14 now,Grandkids. One was a lot more reserved than the other and the other seemed to be the Charming one who got all the attention, theo other was shy and not a pushy child so noone bothered with her as much.It is still that way,I did notice that the reserved Twin, did think she was being made fun of but it was denied by the other one and Mom took her side,I watched on several occasions and Yes the other more uptight twin was being mean at times and laughing at her ,and doing things that upset her., Their Mom could not see it and this is part of the problem so I guess what I am saying is maybe there is some upsetting behavior going on..quietly check it out like I did. Unless he is lying something is going on isnt it?