girls and masterbation
I have a 7 year old who i have just discovered is masterbating I am curious as to if this is normal or if I should worry? I have read a little on here about it and she is going through her father and I getting divorced and has been very upset lately because he has nothing to do with them. Could this be why or not?

Very concerned mother
I doubt your divorce has 'caused' a little girl to masturbate.  What's worrying is the fact that such a little girl knows what masturbating is, and how to do it.  Either someone has taught her, or what you 'discovered' was not masturbation, but self discovery, in which case, all you need to do is sit down and have a talk with her, and explain some things are just wrong [no need to mention that it's because of her age], but talk to her about her bits, and tell in a Child-like manner how she will change over time.  If someone has 'taught' her what to do, then you need to investigate and act accordingly.
I dont think it has anything to do with the divorce either.  Sounds like what some children do as far as finding something that feels different and good to them and doing it
im a 19 year old girl and have been touching myself in my special place since the age of 5. there nothing wrong with this. my mother exsplain at a very young age my special spot was mine and it was alright to touch it. its part of growing up. i was only shown how to do it once after that my mother never involved herself.
I agree with some of the other ladies I actually started masturbating when I was 7 years old and alot of it is because it feels good and relieves stress; I didn't purposely seek out to do it but some how I stimulated that area and I did it occasionally.  I know it is disturbing for a mother to have to deal with but I wouldn't worry about it unless it becomes a chronic issue. =)