Parenting Children (6-12) Community
improve maturity and impulse control
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to the challenges of parenting children (age 6-12), including physical development, handling school & classes, emotional development, cognitive development, and games and activities.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

improve maturity and impulse control

I have a query about my son who turned 5 in August. He is the youngest in his class as the class sessions start from September. It appesrs he acts immature because he is a lot younger than other kids in his grade in school. Being yougest in the class also leds him to some frustration because sometimes he cannot do things so quickly as his peers and he really wants to do all by himself.

I am concerned about his immature behaviour. I have seen him being very polite and having a tandency of trying to please everyone. I really feel like he would talk to me about how his dat went and what he did in school. But he very rarely seems to remember it and when we are having a quite chat he easily gets bored and distracted. He is a very active boy with lot of energy i.e he keeps on playing Marvel heros by himself and making his own stories like Spiderman killing the badies etc. Socially he seems to be a bit immature like when we have a social gathering he will hug and kiss the guests. I think he also needs know how to understand and control his emotions and feelings.

Though there are time like when he is doing his homework he can sit for hours doing sums, writing & reading. Even when doing homework I have seem him not being very still - he keeps moving his legs, body occassionally.Also he sometines goes into oblivion and doesn't do deep thinking.

I would appreciate any tips to improve his level of maturity and develop control over impulses.