Parenting Children (6-12) Community
masturbation 9 yr old girl

This patient support community is for discussions relating to the challenges of parenting children (age 6-12), including physical development, handling school & classes, emotional development, cognitive development, and games and activities.

masturbation 9 yr old girl

My fiance has a 9 year old daughter that masturbates fairly regularly.  Is this normal for a 9 yr old?  She will often cover herself with a blanket or hide behind our couches.  Often we are all in the room and we will have to send her to her room.  We have repeatedly reminded her that this is only to be done in the privacy of her room.  This doesn't seem to matter.  Last weekend she told me that she couldn't help it because it is addictive.  Should we be concerned?
I'd say yes. I remember experaicing with myself at a young age, so i would't worry to much. What you could do is start slowly to tell her about the bird's & bee's. I no she's you but i think children are far more aware,( if that's the right word ). of sexuality than we were.