Parenting Children (6-12) Community
my 7 year old hits me
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to the challenges of parenting children (age 6-12), including physical development, handling school & classes, emotional development, cognitive development, and games and activities.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

my 7 year old hits me

my son has sudden out bursts of hitting me and shouting at me when i ask him to do something ,i dont understand why . me and my husband are upset and dont know what to do , my son is such a kind child when he does nt go into a temper.help
Related Discussions
5 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
535822_tn?1389452880
When he does this walk away from him, do not feed into it, then he has to have consequences for the behavior, no TV Computer or something lese he likes.He can only behave like this if you let him .Unless you nip it in the bud it will continue as he gets older and will get worse . Has something upset him, any change in the house, new sibling, new school ,is all well at school.What triggers the behavior.?
Blank
As my 6 1/2 y/old did the same, I hold his arms strongly, looked deep into his eyes and told him that if he would ever dare hit or even stand his hand to me again, I would make sure he would regret deeply, and for that time, it would pass, he would only be in his room in time out. He thinks twice now 'cause he was scared of seeing me so angry.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Parenting Children (6-12) Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
233488_tn?1310696703
Blank
New Cannabis Article from NORTH Mag...