my 9 year old daughter acts like a 5 year old.
My daughter will turn 9 in November. She has always act like a younger child but recently her behavior is becoming very annoying. She cries like a baby for small things,talks like a baby with a baby tone. Loves preschool TV shows.
One day one of her friends asked her why she act like a baby!
We homeschool and she has had difficulty with her writing. She still scribbles and can't form a complete body when drawing. She draws a person but no fingers or detail like an older child. Her penmanship is totally like a first grade child and she can't write more than one line well.
When copying a paragraph I need to write a line at a time because she gets very overwhelmed seeing the whole paragraph on the board.
She whined a lot, all day! I have a son with aspergers syndrome so she fights with him all day as my son can't stand her immature behavior.
She bought a baby bottle a while ago at the dollar store; we thought it was for her dolls but it was for her!
The part which we are concerned is the whinnying all day and the baby behavior because she doesn't get it!
Please help me.
Should she need to see the pediatrician and get an assessment foe something?
not to be rude, boy are you expecting?
if not, i'm not sure what to say, as her age seems she'd try to act older not revert....but if you were expecting, i'd say the possibility of the new baby makes her think she can act like one too....idk, i'm sorry, my stepdaughter tried this on me at walmart once trying on clothes....she was 5 though, and it only took throwing the clothes in the return basket, and walking away for her to quit...and some choice, but non-adult words to get the point across.....
*but, not boy lol sry 4 that!
No advice really. Other than your not alone.  My eldest was very mature until she hit around 7.  She's almost ten and it seems like she is getting younger every year.  Winning, tantrums and the writing thing... Wonder if there's a connection? I think having an older friend or mentor might help but they are hard to come by.  They need a good regular example of how to act.  Mine won't do any of that in public but I guess is very comfortable doing it at home.