Parenting Children (6-12) Community
my daughter still wears pull ups at 9 years old what should i do?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to the challenges of parenting children (age 6-12), including physical development, handling school & classes, emotional development, cognitive development, and games and activities.

I am a single father with a daughter who still wets her bed at night. What should i do?
Talk to the pediatrician. You might try waking her very late just as you go to bed, walk her to the bathroom and have her go. There are bedwetting alarms you can buy, it will sense when she's wet and wake her up. Supposed to help them learn to wake up when they need to go, because so many children are such deep sleepers they don't feel it coming out. If she is motivated to stop wetting, I'd put her in underwear at night so she feels the wet right away. There are soft square pads you can purchase to put under her (same idea as the disposable ones the hospitals/nursing homes use) that are waterproof on the back and machine washable. I have a few and use them on my son's bed, he is six. I got them at Bed Bath and Beyond, but I'm sure they're available elsewhere. I clip one to the bottom sheet so it doesn't slide around and so the whole bed doesn't get wet and then I just need to change that rather than all the bedding.

One of my brothers was 11 before he stopped. She is not alone, that's why they make the Goodnights diapers in such large sizes.
My daughter had similar problems until a bit older.  I agree with everything mom@homenow said and would like to add,

Don't make a big deal about it when she does wet the bed, just say its ok and it will come in time, because it will and it is usually a very sensitive subject for them.

Also, a really great thing, every night my daughter would not wet the bed "or her pullup" I would give her a dollar.  This was expensive for a while but well worth it!  They like being rewarded, plus it shows them positive reinforcement and it will save you money in the long run.  Good luck and don't worry, its normal.
My daughter wet the bed until she was about 11 or 12 not every night like when she was younger it slowly got less frequent. The bladder is just not maturing as quickly as some is what Dr.'s told me. She is 28 now and says she used to dream she was in the bathroom until she woke, don't sweat the small stuff. She'll outgrow this. I would put protectection ver my mattress and the pull ups a good option I have a nephew who is 12 and it's very embarrassing to him so he does not sleep away from home, but with protection he has friends over. Best of luck you're a good dad seeking advice.
God Bless,
faithsr