Parenting Children (6-12) Community
swollen nipple

This patient support community is for discussions relating to the challenges of parenting children (age 6-12), including physical development, handling school & classes, emotional development, cognitive development, and games and activities.

swollen nipple

hi... my 7 year old son have a very swollen right nipple which if touch it hurts ..i am hoping that u could put my mind at ease ..as for the last 5 years i have suffered lumps in my right breast but my nipple has never swollen and lucky enough it has just been a gland but i am very worried for my son
have him wear an extra undershirt for awhile- see if it improves after 2 weeks- if not tell the dr what you have already tried and see if he wants to do any more tests
ty so much for ur suggestion but have taken him doctors ..should be going hospitak very soon
what ever became of this? My son is having the same issue with his left nipple. He's 6/7
My son has this as well and I am taking him to doctor's today.  He is 6 and just getting his first 2 teeth in, so I'm not sure if it's hormonal.  We eat an organic diet and he does eat tofu so not sure if this is doing something.  What happened with your son?
Hi, Did this ever go away.  My son is also 6 and just lost his 2 bottom teeth and also has a swollen right nipple.  Doctor said to return in 6 weeks and if still there we can do a blood test to check his hormone levels?  This is the first site I've found that has boys around this age with swollen breast/nipple.
BTW my son eats tofu also and when I asked the endocrinologist if this coudl be the cause he said no - we also eat an organic diet - I will sometimes by berries off season that are not organic.  
Did anyone ever find out why this is happening. My son is going through the same problem and it is the second time his right nipple  has become swollen like this.
My 7 yr old son woke up this morning with a red swollen nipple. It hurts to touch. He says it feels like a bee sting. Is it hormonal? Anyone know?