Parenting Children (6-12) Community
twin girls masturbating

This patient support community is for discussions relating to the challenges of parenting children (age 6-12), including physical development, handling school & classes, emotional development, cognitive development, and games and activities.

twin girls masturbating

I feel really bad about asking this, but I dont know what to do. Im a single mom (my husband passed away a few years ago) with twin girls. About a month ago I caught both my girls masturbating and I just told them it was a normal things to and left it alone. Last week I caught them masturbating again but in the same bed, and it very freaked me out, and I havent spoke to them about but I think that I need to. What should to do?
If this were me and I think all parents will have to deal with this issue at one point in time! I think i wold discuss with them speratley if they know exactly what it is they are doing? And if they do or dont it is a natural part of life..however most people dont do it in front of others and definatly not with relatives!! Maybe its time to look into sperate bedrooms if they share or room. you also do not mention how old the girls are and i suppose that would factor in any decision
this is just a normal part of child sexuality. they all like to experiment and find out if it's their body is normal as long as it doesn't continue for too long or get in  the way it shouldn't be a big deal my twins would (opposite genders) used to tell me how their vagina or penis didn't look the same as the other and my girl used to run and play with her friend naked but we left alone and it went away quickly