Parenting: For Fathers Community
Homosexuality

This patient support community is for discussions relating to activities and sports, balancing schedules, divorced or separated fathers, discipline and behavior, home-schooling, military fathers, legal issues, new fathers, religious issues, special needs fathers, stay-at-home dads, and stepfathers.

Homosexuality

I have a six years old boy.  I got separated from his father when he had just turned one.  Even though I have always tried to get my son together with other boys and put him in sports, he always has a preference for girls. His father lives in another state so my son doesn't get to see him much. If my son is with other boys he will play with the boys, but at school his friends are girls.  He even tells me that he would like to have a baby sister instead of a baby brother.  If he plays a video game, he likes to chose the girl characters.  Is there anything I can do to redirect my son?  
I am not sure how to answer this I have 2 boys and I am a single mother but they very much so act like boys, but I have always if they get hurt(very little injury) I would say your a big boy shake it off. Try getting your son into sports like football and baseball. It doesnt mean he is homosexual just because he hangs out with girls though
At such a young age, it is impossible to tell what your child's orientation will ultimately be. However, if your son really is gay, shame on you for trying to "redirect" him! You are his parent, someone whom he should always turn to for support, love, and acceptance, and if you make him feel ashamed or guilty for his feelings and preferences, you have issues. If he really is sexually attracted to males, let him be! Also, don't try to force him to do anything he doesn't want to do. That means accepting that he's not into sports and that he'd rather hang out with girls and play as female characters in video games.
This is an old thread you m,ay not get a response you could start a new thread if you have something to tell us..
I have to agree no matter what orientation he is you should be supportive no matter what since he should always be able to turn to you for help. Maybe hes not gay though maybe he's just pimpin'.
I don't see why this is bothering you, you should love and support your son no matter the outcome. All children are entitled to a choice, if your child like to play with girls and choose girl characters then so be it. He's only 6 of Corse he's going to experiment different genders, when he's older and knows his decision I'm sure he will tell you unless you put this pressure on him.