Parenting: For Fathers Community
Is my Girlfriends 11 year old son Gay?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to activities and sports, balancing schedules, divorced or separated fathers, discipline and behavior, home-schooling, military fathers, legal issues, new fathers, religious issues, special needs fathers, stay-at-home dads, and stepfathers.

Is my Girlfriends 11 year old son Gay?

My Girlfriends 11 year old son ... in my opinion ... shows signs of being Gay, for example he has that "classic" way of talking, he rolls his eyes when he talks, he's focused on fashion and dining more than anything else, he won't do any outdoor activities and if he does he wants it to involve "going out" not just going outside and playing like most boys do. I have caught him making suggestions with a banana that has worried me and pointing to his crotch in a way that suggests Gay. He does many other things that send up red flags. His mother has also mentioned that she thinks he's being way to Feminine and I have walked in on her with a bible opened on the table telling him how being Gay is Wrong. Personally I don't care if he is Gay or not, I don't believe anyone "chooses" to be but I am worried that if it's not handled the right way things could get sour very quickly. Thank You for your input.
Well nowadays its so in your face that he is obviously hearing a lot about it, maybe at school ..I agree with you that it everyones choice to be whatever they want to be, I also dont like the way its being thrust upon childen nowdays ..The more that is made of it the more it will become , its also a way of getting attention ..maybe .Let him carry on say nothing .He either will be or not ...
Touchy subject for some so sorry if this is too blunt, but does it really matter if he is? It's not a choice just like I don't choose to be heterosexual, homosexuality shouldn't be something that is "right or wrong" and shoving the bible in a kid's face, in my opinion isn't right either, not like most "christians" follow the bible to a T anyway. It shouldn't make either of you love him any less, just ensure you are both there to support him because family is the support he needs :) maybe talk to his mother about it and make sure you are both on the same page as to how to support him as well so he has an airtight support system.
Yeah the mom is pushing him away by doing the bible thing. If he is gay then he will never come out to her and that relationship will suffer. Seeing that he is only 11 i wouldnt even talk aboit it. Just reassure him that he can come to u for anything without being judged. If he feels like he can come to u at least he probly will for advice with his mother.
Some boys are Just. Feminine. As a Christian Yes I would also Bring the Bible into it. I always ask my husband and children what God thinks and we will research our Bible If necessary on a subject.  Like the other day. Something came up about food and the apocalypse and my husband said he would loot If necessary and I asked him why he would want to steal. He said it's not stealing so I pointed to him the commandment thou shall not steal and I asked him what stealing is he replied taking something that doesn't belong to you. I said so looting would be stealing and that God will provide he fed the Jews when they left Egypt from slavery by giving them mana. I feel God would do the same.
He needs to know it's a sin by not telling him you ate then sinning I don't believe you should make him feel bad about it but your not born that way you see it and then choose to be it.. some boys are just feminine though there's a "stage "they go threw.. my brother would play with Barbies when he was 8/9 but now at 15 he plays football and baseball and has a gf.. don't worry so much about it