Parenting: For Fathers Community
It's ok for a 12 years old to sleep with her father
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to activities and sports, balancing schedules, divorced or separated fathers, discipline and behavior, home-schooling, military fathers, legal issues, new fathers, religious issues, special needs fathers, stay-at-home dads, and stepfathers.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

It's ok for a 12 years old to sleep with her father

my boyfriend is a divorced father of a 12 years old daughter, she doesn't live with him but with  her mom in another country, she comes to visit him 2 weeks every six months.It seems everytime she comes to visit him, he stays in her bedroom until she falls asleep, and it seems when I spend the night over his place she gets really uneasy and doesn't want to fall asleep unless he lays in her bed. I feel a little uncomfortable with this situation and spoke to my boyfriend about it, but he gets really mad and doesn't want me to sleep over his house, or spend much time together while his daughter is around. I don't really know what to do, what should I do ???
Related Discussions
5 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
535822_tn?1389452880
It is possible that by making an issue of it you have made him feel guilt that he doesnt have to feel. He doesnt see his daughter very much,you say he lays on the ,do you get on well with her. I do not see any harm in a father laying on his daughters bed as she is from  another country,she could be home sick , maybe misses her mom and needs company.So you have 2 choices , let him do what he wants to do twice a year or get out of his life ...
Blank
He should not be sleeping the night in the bed with her, that would be highly inappropriate.

If you were not rude and gentle with your question to him, his hostile reaction seems suspicious to me, as if he is hiding something.

It does sound a bit suspicious, no offence.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Parenting: For Fathers Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
233488_tn?1310696703
Blank
New Cannabis Article from NORTH Mag...