Parenting: For Fathers Community
Personal time
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to activities and sports, balancing schedules, divorced or separated fathers, discipline and behavior, home-schooling, military fathers, legal issues, new fathers, religious issues, special needs fathers, stay-at-home dads, and stepfathers.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Personal time

I have 3 teenagers and work allot so finding a time alone for “personal time” has been a real issure for me. There is always a teen home or I work late so I am very tired at night to have any time to myself. It is always “go time”. If I take a day off for work it is always for my kids, as it should be. I try and take care of my own health issues but that can be a task in itself. I have the house duties, cooking and cleaning. Any idea’s of to fit in some “personal time” with everything going on?.
Related Discussions
5 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
ask them if its OK to take some time for yourself, give them chores, if they don't have them, teach them to cook, maybe an after school activity, send them to the movies, they are old enough to understand you are tired and sometimes need a break, good luck <3
Blank
2104296_tn?1334845151
Thanks so much for the responce. I will try what you said and see how it plays out. Anything is worth a try.
Blank
535822_tn?1389452880
Communicate with them what you have said here that you need some psace , however its good for the children to be with you many Dads do not see enough of their children , so when you need a free' evening tell them so and go do something .Perhaps MOm can help out on those days ..good Luck dads get tired aswell .
Blank
2104296_tn?1334845151
Thanks for the advise. I am going to try and get all the kids together some time soon and have a chat. :)
Blank
535822_tn?1389452880
Thats the ticket tell them how you feel ,get their input and co operation .good luck
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Parenting: For Fathers Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
Emotional Eating Control: How to St...