Parenting: For Fathers Community
Takin custody of my 8 yr old nephew in a month!! need help

This patient support community is for discussions relating to activities and sports, balancing schedules, divorced or separated fathers, discipline and behavior, home-schooling, military fathers, legal issues, new fathers, religious issues, special needs fathers, stay-at-home dads, and stepfathers.

I am 17 years old turning 18 in one month, my nephew lost his dad in iraq and his mom left him and disappeared only to return with a bunch of legal crap regarding her son.  After it was all settled my parents have legal custody of him for the time being.  The plan was to let me have custody of him once I turn 18 for the sake that my parents have raised my older brother me and my sister.  I need help on all the important things a boy his age needs if anyone can help please let me know
in needs what do you mean? like cosmetic material? or like social card birth certificate, shot record med card if he has med insur. he needs a dentist as well. clothes, shoes basic things  gettn him a haircut reg. any type toy or things hes interestd in. make sure to have alot food a growing boy his age prolly eats well so have healthy snacks as well. make sure he has the neccesary toothpaste toothbrush haircomb body soap shampoo lotion socks underwear or boxers and nice clothes n shoes. goodluck pm if you need any help or    ad ice at all ok  
advice*
First off, I would like to say that I really wish there were more men out there like you... that is willing to care for any child. I know that there r those that do.... and they r the ones to prove that not all guy are the same. So congratulations. Second, I have to agree with the last post. Most things are fairly basic, however, the child may also have emotionally needs that may or may not call for therapy. Good luck and god bless.