Parenting: For Fathers Community
child drawings

This patient support community is for discussions relating to activities and sports, balancing schedules, divorced or separated fathers, discipline and behavior, home-schooling, military fathers, legal issues, new fathers, religious issues, special needs fathers, stay-at-home dads, and stepfathers.

child drawings

My six year old son was recently asked to draw a picture of his family.  His mother and I are divorced, so he drew a picture of her and her parents on one side of the page, and himself, his sister, his step-sister, my wife, and me on the other side.  But my question....one family has open circles for eyes, yet the other family just has dots.

What does this mean?
I doubt if it has a meaning , did you ask him what was the differance , maybe they are both loving symbols or ask your self what it is you are looking for.
Interesting,  Mathwiz.  Did he give the people he doesn't see frequently open circles for eyes?

Say an open-ended phrase/question: He may expand on why he did that, or maybe not and thats okay.

You could say "I see you drew a circle for the eyes here and dots for the eyes there, how come?"

If he doesnt respond really, maybe he just felt like it.