Parenting: For Fathers Community
child drawings
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to activities and sports, balancing schedules, divorced or separated fathers, discipline and behavior, home-schooling, military fathers, legal issues, new fathers, religious issues, special needs fathers, stay-at-home dads, and stepfathers.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

child drawings

My six year old son was recently asked to draw a picture of his family.  His mother and I are divorced, so he drew a picture of her and her parents on one side of the page, and himself, his sister, his step-sister, my wife, and me on the other side.  But my question....one family has open circles for eyes, yet the other family just has dots.

What does this mean?
Related Discussions
8 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
535822 tn?1443980380
I doubt if it has a meaning , did you ask him what was the differance , maybe they are both loving symbols or ask your self what it is you are looking for.
Blank
13167 tn?1327197724
Interesting,  Mathwiz.  Did he give the people he doesn't see frequently open circles for eyes?

Blank
404138 tn?1308945256
Say an open-ended phrase/question: He may expand on why he did that, or maybe not and thats okay.

You could say "I see you drew a circle for the eyes here and dots for the eyes there, how come?"

If he doesnt respond really, maybe he just felt like it.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Parenting: For Fathers Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
233488 tn?1310696703
Blank
Marathon Running Done Over Many Yea...