Parenting: For Fathers Community
child drawings
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to activities and sports, balancing schedules, divorced or separated fathers, discipline and behavior, home-schooling, military fathers, legal issues, new fathers, religious issues, special needs fathers, stay-at-home dads, and stepfathers.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

child drawings

My six year old son was recently asked to draw a picture of his family.  His mother and I are divorced, so he drew a picture of her and her parents on one side of the page, and himself, his sister, his step-sister, my wife, and me on the other side.  But my question....one family has open circles for eyes, yet the other family just has dots.

What does this mean?
Related Discussions
8 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
535822_tn?1389452880
I doubt if it has a meaning , did you ask him what was the differance , maybe they are both loving symbols or ask your self what it is you are looking for.
Blank
13167_tn?1327197724
Interesting,  Mathwiz.  Did he give the people he doesn't see frequently open circles for eyes?

Blank
404138_tn?1308945256
Say an open-ended phrase/question: He may expand on why he did that, or maybe not and thats okay.

You could say "I see you drew a circle for the eyes here and dots for the eyes there, how come?"

If he doesnt respond really, maybe he just felt like it.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Parenting: For Fathers Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
How to Silence Your Inner Critic an...