methadone and child services
My girlfriend is 7 months pregnant and on methadone. She's on the done because she has albrights dystrophy which is extremely painful. She had to quit her pain meds when she found out she was pregnant and no where would help her detox so she went to the done clinic. Anyways does anyone know if child services check the parents for warrants?
Who has the warrant, the mother or the father?  I don't know the answer, but it seems like if anyone gets checked (and I don't know that they do) it would more likely be the mother than the father.
It's the mother that has the warrent. She's a good person that was tricked into using what she thought was her friends, grandmothers credit card one night before Christmas, to buy her friends kids, gift cards. The kicker is, her friend with the kids asked her to go to the store for her to get the girt cards and handed her a credit card. Her friend told her that her Grandmother offered to help her pay for Christmas because she was 23, with 3 kids. My girlfriend has never been in trouble before, so she freaked out and ran. I wish I could do time for her, this is her first baby and she'd die if she couldn't be there for her baby. Please someone who knows the answer to this could put my mind at ease. At least I'd know and not wonder. This is driving us crazy. Please help. Thanks
There has got to be a Legal Services place that you can ask if they check methadone-using mothers for outstanding warrants.  

You know, she has got to get this outstanding-warrant thing taken care of sooner or later, since it will hang over her head every time she has to do something legal relating to the baby.  Does she have any relative who can take care of the baby if she has to do time?  She really needs to talk to a lawyer and see what her options are.
AnnieBrooke is right, try and find someone who can take the baby if need be. Although the father may have first right if he still has his parental rights. Make sure you do everything according to the law; have a super clean home, plenty of food, etc. Make it so you can prove at the drop of a hat that you can provide a safe home. Maybe get a lawyer and start taking care of things right now too.