Parenting: For Fathers Community
wife looking for info on dad/new baby relationship

This patient support community is for discussions relating to activities and sports, balancing schedules, divorced or separated fathers, discipline and behavior, home-schooling, military fathers, legal issues, new fathers, religious issues, special needs fathers, stay-at-home dads, and stepfathers.

My husband and I have been together since early 2005- recently married back in early august of this year and had our baby in late august of this year also.
she will be 7 weeks tomarrow.
it seems like he could be doing much more at home with us or at least her- i am basically a stay at home mom and i have her all day and all night- it gets very tirering and frustrating. Which i dont think he understands.
Ive asked him, told him, came to him crying at night- (postpartum depression) pleading with him to help through out the night.
He says yes, and that he will be of help at night- but it never follows through.
I dont know what to do! He loved our daughter but- i dont think hes doing enough.

someone talk to me about this- any advice, info, ideas, questions, comments!!!!
HI i think you husband is also going through alot like becoming a father is sometimes very difficult for some men. You need to share your feeling with him & reassure him taht you alos there for him & you need more than you have ever need him & without his help you & the family not going to make it.
Some men arent small baby people, they like kids when they are older, very often when they start to walk and talk, this is very common, men are not naturaly nurturing like we are , we are born with a motherly instinct ,well most of us are , and it also scares some men , looking after a tiny little thing who yells and poops ,can be daunting. you could say nothing and see if the relationship will develop without any pushing as sometimes that also creates its own angst. Give it time they do come round some quicker than others.Good Luck