Parenting Teens (12-17) Community
11yr old having sex

This patient support community is for discussions relating to the challenges of parenting teens (age 12-17), including physical, emotional, and cognitive development, handling peer pressure, activities & sports, choosing a college, and relationships.

11yr old having sex

Yes you read the topic right...I have an 11yr old step daughter who is sexually active.  I don't know how long she has been sexually active but it has been brought to my attention that over the summer she engaged in numerous sexual activities.  Her father has talked to her about it but of course she denied it.  She lives with her mom in another state and there is no such thing as her parents having a normal conversation.  All her mom does is constantly yell and cuss my husband out whenever he tries to talk to her.  I think her mom needs to know about her sexual activity and somebody needs to intervene so that this behavior discontinues until she is old enough to understand the consequences, her emotions and her body.  Obviously I don't want her having sex and I definitely don't want to have to deal with a teenage pregnancy. Does anyone have any suggestions?
Tags: sex
She will denie it I was 16 wen I started and always told my mom no no no but get her to trust her if the relationship between you guys isent good she wont feel safe to tell you
if she is sexually active this young, that is a good indication of previous or current (or both) sexual abuse.  girls were (or are) sexually abused will do this. I strongly suggest that you get her into counseling -- preferably someone who specializes in sexual issues such as abuse.don't wait. People who have been sexually abused will also become suicidal later on. So please do it now. I'm not saying for sure that this happened, but it is a possibility that must be investigated.